Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Unbroken Chain





I wanted to make something really special for my mom for Mother's Day. My mom is totally into genealogy and has pictures of our family dating back to my great-great-great-grandparents. Since this was a Mother's Day gift, I decided to focus on the chain of mothers and daughters in our family.

This piece is built from chipboard panels covered in cardstock that was distressed and inked. Accents include micro beads, scraps of lace and buttons. I used a fern leaf and gold paint to make the gold prints, and then added the leaf itself to the cover.
Repeated on each panel is "mother" and "daughter" because each woman in the piece has been both, except for my daughter at the very end. But of course she will be a mother one day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment