Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Halloween Under Glass



I love my Petaloos - so doing an Authentique and Petaloo cross-promo was so exciting!
When I received my promo box the butterflies immediately caught my eye. The gorgeous deep orange - just the right shade to compliment our Enchanted paper. But what to make..
Then I remembered seeing vintage mounted insects in a museum book and voila!
Halloween Under Glass

I used paper from Enchanted, and two different dies from Tim Holtz's Sizzix Alterations to create the tiny branch. It's delicate enough for the daintiest butterfly.


Around the base is florist's moss and more Petaloos - this time their hydrangeas in black and orange. Some twists of different black ribbons and a scientific label finish off this spookily beautiful little piece.

Products Used:
Authentique- Enchanted Collection: 12x12 Details Sticker, "Spellbound" 12x12 paper
Petaloo- Orangeade Velvet Hydrangeas, Black Velvet Hydrangeas, Orangeade Velvet Butterflies,
Sizziz Alterations - Fleur and Fall Garland

No comments:

Post a Comment