Thursday, November 8, 2012

Going to the dogs...

Today is my turn to join the fabulous Authentique-Canvas Corp. Blog Hop. I'm so excited to share this project with you today, which literally.....went to the dog!

Daisy is my special Saint. She's got the best expressions, and she's such an original. Which means she's perfect for Authentique's "Original Collection".
To create the shadowbox effect, I used the backside of the "Stretched Canvas" and "Stretched Burlap" mini-canvases, and covered the edges with paper and more burlap. 
For the roses, I cut a circle of burlap, and used the pre-made "Canvas Minis" circles. I cut a spiral in each and twirled away. The leaves are cut from more burlap, free-hand.
To create the burlap ruffle, I took 1" wide strips cut from a 12x12 "Burlap Fabricpage" and crunched and glued them around the edge of the canvas back.

~ Products Used ~
"Original" - Authentique Paper
12x12 Burlap Fabricpage
6x6 and 2x2 Stretched Canvas
4x4 Stretched Burlap
Burlap Minis rectangles
Canvas Minis circles
1 Authentic Saint Bernard

No comments:

Post a Comment