Monday, November 12, 2012

Love builds a garden.

Authentique is debuted its newest collection on Friday. It's all about love, and PINK. I made this project as a part of our Authentique-LoveMyTapes cross-promo last week and wanted to share it with you here.


I created the flowers with a couple of different techniques. For all of the flowers, I covered one side of a square of paper with washi tape - sometimes I covered the whole paper, sometimes I left stripes of paper for added texture. For the daisies and other petal forms, I used the "Tattered Flowers" die from Sizzix. For the roses, I used my favorite cut and twirl technique.For added texture and shine, I spritz some of the flowers with Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray.


I used more washi tape to create the stems - twisting it around florist's wire, and wrapping leaves in as I went.


Authentique always creates fabulous sticker sheets to coordinate with the papers, and I used the trims to decorate the jar. Washi tape twisted around itself creates great twine. 


I had a great time playing with tape - it's something I haven't tried before and it's a great product! So versatile and easy to work with. Be sure to visit the Love My Tape site to see what their design team is making with our papers.

~ Products Used ~
"Lovely" - Authentique
Washi tapes #880, #383 - Love My Tape
Tattered Flowers and Mini Leaves dies - Sizzix
Goosebumps - Imagine Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment