Friday, February 1, 2013

Love is the Key


There's something special in the air these days. Some of you say "snow?", some of you say "hail?"
 I say "LOVE".
As in Authentique's "Lovely". And to celebrate the loveliness, I created a tiny canvas of paper and some wonderful flowers from Petaloo and trims from May Arts. We are all doing a cross-promo this week and here's my little contribution.


The canvas is 5x7", and I "painted" it with Victorial Velvet Distress Ink. I rubbed the ink on the canvas's edges, then used a paper towel to smear and fill in the canvas with color.


After I stamped and fancy-cut the wings, legs and top, I created the tutu with layers of ribbon, book pages, and Petaloo's Darjeeling flowers. More ribbon wraps the canvas and holds the key.


 I also love love love the tiny hat pins from Petaloo. Adorably small, and perfectly pink, I used a beaded and a silver pin in the top corner.



I hope you've enjoyed this little bit of loveliness. Don't forget to stop by Authentique and Petaloo all this week for more creativity!

Materials Used
"Lovely" by Authentique
"Darjeeling Flowers" by Petaloo
Ribbons by May Arts
Distress Ink by Ranger

1 comment:

  1. love your blog design AND PHILOSOPHY =)
    best giggle Ive
    =) had all day
    this is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete