Sunday, July 17, 2011

yes, i have become a contest slut

so this is my first big "scrapbook industry year". up until now i have been one of the ink-stained masses, innocently shopping the local scrapbook store, not aware that there was a whole crazy scrapbook industry out there working tirelessly to get my attention as well as my dollars.

now however, i've moved up a level. no longer only an innocent ink-stained consumer, i'm now on a design team, i "like" scrapbook companies on facebook, and i have a blog. this also means i've been initiated into the mysteries of CHA, "sneak peeks", and swag contests.

it started out innocently enough. companies asking me to "like" them, post comments and share them, use their badges on my blog and facebook page, and write about them on my blog. it's fabulous. i entered one about my best/worst glitter experience and won - thanks jack&cat curio.

and now i can't seem to stop from throwing myself out there again and again.

which leads me to my latest contest...the gals at glitz design are launching three new and very beautiful lines at CHA this week - notice how i sound like a pro now - and while pink and blue would not normally be my first paper pull, i have to admit that their "beautiful dreamer" line is...well..dreamy.

the papers themselves look gorgeous - pinks, blues, browns, with that vintage distressed look that makes me all goosebumplie. but even better is the huge amount of embellishments available as well - journaling and title stickers, ribbons, jewels, tiny sticker letters and even a chipboard album. my favorites are the "whatnots" and "peek-a-boos"

so yes, i know i am selling myself like a naughty little contest slut. but hey, i get to satisfy myself, and you get an instant preview into a new line, and maybe even a new-to-you company. so we all go home winners!

1 comment:

  1. The glitter story at Jack & Cat Curio was hill-air-eous! Wish I'd seen Princess (Sparkly) Daisy. Hope you have pix.
    Nothing wrong with a little contest sluttiness...
    ~Staci

    ReplyDelete